Qualified persons can study as associate students in the Chinese University of Hong Kong with the Divinity School of Chung Chi College for this external degree offered by the Divinity School of Chung Chi College.
27 April 2022 (Wed)Application Procedures Application Form Recommendation Form (PDF) Recommendation Form (DOCX)
- A recognized MTheol or first rate Master’s degree in Christian Studies.
- Three letters of recommendation:
- One from the institution where the applicant is currently employed.
- One from the institution where the applicant did his/her graduate studies.
- One from a church official where the applicant is affiliated to.
- An entrance examination.
- A not more than 10 pages’ research proposal.
- English language requirement: IELTS (academic) 6 or equivalent scores in another recognized qualification.
Language Test Exemption
- Applicants have obtained an accredited award in English from a university or a seminary, or Hong Kong local university OR
- Applicants obtain an English Grade C in HKALE or a HKDSE English Grade 4.
Areas of Study
- Biblical Studies (New Testament/Hebrew Scripture)
- Systematic Theology/Constructive Theology
- History of Christianity
- Christianity in China
- Mission Studies/Missiology
- Practical Theology/Pastoral Studies
- Christianity and Society
- Two Methodology Seminars
- Any courses recommended by supervisor(s)
- A comprehensive examination consisting of 3 papers
- A research proposal
- A dissertation of not more than 100,000 words in English or 150,000 characters in Chinese, and oral examination
Period of Study
|Study Mode||Normative Study Period||Maximum Study Period|
|Full Time||3 years||5 years|
|Part Time||6 years||7 years|
- Tuition Fee
Study Mode Study Year Tuition Fee Per Year (HKD) Total (HKd) Full Time 3 42,100 126,300 Part Time 6 21,050 126,300
Continuation fee: HK$5275 each term (Continuation fee would be charged each team beyond the normative study period.)
Grade and Standard
|Excellent or Honors|
|Good or High Pass|
|C+ or below||Fail|
Programmes of Study and Course Lists
Please refer to the Student Handbook.