“For a politics of emancipation, the enemy that is to be feared most is not repression at the hands of the established order. It is the interiority of nihilism, and the unbounded cruelty that can come with its emptiness.“
- Christianity Appears First as Itself: Alain Badiou and the Study of Christian Origins. Lanham MD: Fortress Academic (forthcoming 2023).
- “Alain Badiou and the Book of Acts” (Co-written with Hollis Phelps) in Bible and Critical Theory. Volume 12, no2, 2016.
- “Populist Features in the Gospel of Matthew” in Biblical Literature Studies (Translated into Chinese by journal). Winter, 2016.
- "Jesus the Pervert: A Zizekian Response to Mark 11:15-17" in Biblical Interpretation: A Journal of Contemporary Approaches. 22.2 (2014).
- "Alternative Perspectives Beyond the Perspectives: A Summary of Pauline Studies that has Nothing to do with Piper or Wright" in Currents in Biblical Research 11.3 366-387 (2013).
- "Martin Luther King as Identificatory Conglomerate" in Journal of Black Theology 11.2 219-239 (2013).
- Book Review Editor, Critical Research on Religion
- The Visible Shape of Christ's Life in Us: Reflections on the Fruit of the Spirit. Eugene: Wipf and Stock, 2019.
- Reading the Bible in an Age of Crisis: Political Exegesis for a New Day. Minneapolis: Fortress, 2015.
- “Christianity Appear First as Itself” in Critical Theory and Early Christianity: Walter Benjamin, Gilles Deleuze, Alain Badiou and Judith Butler (Matthew Whitlock, ed.). Sheffield: Equinox, 2022.
- “Resisting Meat as Resistance” Interventions: God, People, and Planet. Vanderbilt University Forum on Bible, Poverty, and Class. April 2022.
- “Flesh Walker” in The Visible Shape of Christ’s Life in Us: Meditations on the Fruit of the Spirit (Bruce Worthington, ed.). Eugene OR: Wipf and Stock, 2019.
- "Populist Features in the Gospel of Matthew” (Revised edition for English publication) in Bible and Class Struggle (Robert Myles, ed.). Langham MD: Lexington, 2019.
- “Introduction: Reading the Bible in an Age of Crisis” in Reading the Bible in an Age of Crisis (Bruce Worthington, ed.) Minneapolis: Fortress, 2015.
- “Romans 13:1-7, with an Eye to Global Capital” in Reading the Bible in an Age of Crisis (Bruce Worthington, ed.) Minneapolis: Fortress, 2015.
- Badiou, Alain. The Immanence of Truths: Being and Event III. Critical Research on Religion, forthcoming.
- Anidjar, Gil. Blood: A Critique of Christianity. Toronto Journal of Theology, 32/1 2018.
- Reed, Randall. A Clash of Ideologies: Marxism, Liberation Theology, and Apocalypticism. Toronto Journal of Theology, 29.1 (2013).
- McDowell, Sean and Jonathan Morrow, eds. Is God Just a Human Invention? And Seventeen Other Questions Raised by the New Atheists. McMaster Journal of Theology and Ministry, 13 (2011-2012).